4 replies to this topic

#1 kodoku

kodoku

The Lonely Demon

• VIP Founder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

So I just recently found out about this great tool, it wouldn't be an exaggeration that its even greater than agth, Translation Aggregator, and ITH that we all love and use
I present to you Visual Novel Reader, a text hooker and translator that can overlay your VNs in realtime...To be honest I have no idea how to explain this, since I just started using it a week ago to play Baldr Sky Zero , since there was no /h code for the text, so here's some copy and paste
Just go here:
https://code.google....p/annot-player/
Site to Register AC (Still underconstruction, ac is for creditin yourself for trans, not required for now?)
http://sakuradite.com/

Key features:
- Online machine translation
- Offline machine translation (additional software like LEC, ATLAS or JBeijing is required)
- Render translated subtitles over the game window. Support full screen mode.
- Parse the Japanese and pop-up translation for words
- Support using EPWING dictionaries to provide extra translation
- Read selected Japanese words and sentences with online (except Mainland China) or offline TTS
- Share comments and manual subtitles. Able to submit/edit/delete/improve/protect subtitles.
- Share user-define dictionary to improve machine translations.
- Share game text settings among all users.
- Hide the underlying technical details as much as possible.

a screenie
Spoiler
The tool is quite huge, about 500MB, but its definitely worth it once people start uploading more translation, right now, Chinese takes up most of the bulk of the translation,
for English trans, its mostly names and some simple phrase by users, maybe once the site is up I'll start uploading as well
Check it out yourself, I have some VNs to catch up

Spoiler

Posted Image

#2 Lolifreak000f

Lolifreak000f

Citizen

• VIP
  • 389 posts
  • LocationWith your little sister ^.^

Donator

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

I actually first used this when i first played himegari and it was very good. It even gives translation to the interface and inventory.
But if i have a /h code, I would still use ITH. This tool is very convenient though, and very easy to use.

Posted Image

#3 kodoku

kodoku

The Lonely Demon

• VIP Founder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'm still testing it, just for the fact it can extract text from BSZ, I just needed the text hook in case there are words that i dont know so i can look it up

Spoiler

Posted Image

#4 Lolifreak000f

Lolifreak000f

Citizen

• VIP
  • 389 posts
  • LocationWith your little sister ^.^

Donator

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

That sounds good man. I actually downloaded it again and tried using it. There seems to be more stuff that you could do with it compare to how it was last time i tried.
I think i might just use this more than ITH after all

Posted Image

#5 kodoku

kodoku

The Lonely Demon

• VIP Founder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

never knew it until i started to search for the /h code for bsz, found it in some korean website (no i dont know korean, pics help a lot)
so i dont know how its initial stages were like

Spoiler

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Visual Novel Reader, agth, ITH, English, Translation, ATLAS